Late Fees & Disconnects
Utility bills not paid by the due date are subject to a 1.5% late fee on the outstanding current balance. A Late Notice will be mailed to customers with an outstanding balance 22 days after the original billing date.
Late fees may be removed two times during any 24 month period.
Nonpayment Service Disconnects
- Utility accounts with an outstanding balance 45 days after the original billing date are subject to disconnection for non-payment.
- A $60 penalty will be charged to all customers who have not made a payment in full through the website, in the office, or by phone before the day that services are subject to disconnection.
- There is an additional $65 fee will be charged for same-day restoration of service, if available.
- The City will no longer offer after hours utility reconnections. Connections will occur between 8:00 am and 5:00 pm only. Same day reconnections are on available if resources to perform the work are available.
- Electric disconnects in the Summer will not occur if prior to 8:00 a.m. on the date of the scheduled disconnect a National Weather Service Heat Advisory or Excessive Heat Warning is in effect or is forecasted to be in effect.
- Gas disconnects in the Winter will not occur if the temperature is below 32 degrees Fahrenheit for a 48-hour period beginning at 8:00 a.m. on the date of the proposed disconnection.
- Administrative fines up to $1,000 may be issued for the following infractions
- Meter tampering and meter repair
- Hydrant tampering and repair
- Valve tampering and repair
- Unauthorized use