- All garbage must be bagged and placed inside the 95-gallon City provided cart. Carts must be placed at the curb by 7 am on your designated pickup day or after 5 pm the day before. Garbage not inside the cart will not be picked up.
- Recyclables are collected the same day as garbage.
- To obtain a recycling bin, call Latham Home Sanitation at 770-554-0455.
- All carts must be brought to the end of driveway, at the curb or edge of street for collection, unless previously approved by the Sanitation Department.
- For those customers granted a collection exception, carts must be located on the driveway side of the house, not to exceed 150 feet from the street and 10 feet from the back of the house. Carts may not be placed in a fenced enclosure, carport or garage.
- No commercial or construction material is allowed on the street. The owner or contractor is responsible for the disposal of construction/demolition materials.
- Tree limbs, small trees and/or shrubbery must be cut in lengths of three feet or less and be placed at the curb. All limbs should be placed in a single location. Do not stack near any utility boxes or meters, or under overhead utility lines. Limb service pick-up takes place on regular trash day and does NOT have to be scheduled in advance.
- Leaves and small yard debris:
- From November 1 to April 30: will be picked up unbagged at the street.
- From May 1 to October 31: will be picked up at the street in plastic bags not weighing more than 50 pounds.
- There will be an extra charge for 10 or more bags of leaves and/or household garbage per week.
- All grass clippings must be bagged and placed on the curb for pick up on Fridays. Bagged grass clippings should never be placed in the city-issued trash cart or placed out with the trash on trash pick-up day (A designated day per address, Monday - Thursday.)
- There is no charge for this service and the pick-ups do not have to be scheduled.
- Mulch is available for pick-up at 610 Papermill Road between the hours of 1:15 and 3:15 pm on Wednesday only (hours are subject to change May 1 through September 31). Any questions, please contact the Street and Sanitation Department at 770-277-7452.
- The City does not pick up tires, batteries or paint. The owner is responsible for the disposal of these items. For disposal information, call Gwinnett Clean and Beautiful at 770-822-5187.
- Additional charges will be added to your utility bill for:
- Truckload of limbs: $50
- Appliances, mattresses, small furniture: $5 to $10 per item
Holiday Schedule: On weeks where a holiday is observed, the observed holiday & all days flowing that holiday will be delayed by 1 day.
Download the Collection Policy (PDF) for easy reference.